UTAH BARBER COURSE
TO VIEW OUR ENTIRE COURSE CATALOG
PROGRAM START DATES
Our programs flexible hours and start dates make it easy to for anyone to
|WVC Campus||Payson Campus|
|Full Time||Full Time||Part Time|
|Jan 8||Jan 8||Jan 8|
|Jan 29||Jan 29||Feb 19|
|Mar 12||Mar 12||Apr 2|
|April 9||April 9||May 15|
|May 7||May 7||June 25|
|June 4||June 4||Aug 6|
|July 9||July 9||Sept 17|
|Aug 6||Aug 6||Oct 29|
|Sept 3||Sept 3|
|Oct 1||Oct 1|
|Oct 29||Oct 29|
|Dec 3||Dec 3|
DO I QUALIFY FOR FAFSA?
FULL-TIMETuesday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
PART-TIME DAYSTuesday -Friday: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
PART-TIME NIGHTSMonday – Thursday: 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
According to state laws and rules, a barber school shall consist of 1000 hours of instruction as shown in the following:
Our beauty school curriculum is one of the best in the state of Utah. Our students get more clinic floor time than the big name beauty schools in the state. We keep our classes small so that you get the attention you deserve and when you graduate you will be prepared for success as a cosmetologist.
You get more hands-on experience and we teach you through our Nuts and Bolts Business Training other ways to maximize your income while providing better service to clients. It’s a win-win for everyone! In addition, we offer a wholesome environment, a rarity in this field, which helps you to focus on your education so that salon and business owners are clamoring to hire you because of your excellent stylist skills. Come visit us and see the difference that makes our beauty college truly unique.
Below, you can read up on our offerings and find our course catalog. The course listed in this document is a complete program for Utah State Cosmetology/Barber licensure. This comprehensive program includes instruction in hair, nails, and esthetics. This course will prepare you to pass the licensing examinations and give you the education you need to obtain licensure. Our goal is not only to give you a great education but to give you everything you need to compete in the world of professional salons and spas.
As a graduate of American Beauty Academy, you will have many career opportunities including the following: Hairstylist, Makeup Artist, Nail Technician, Manicurist/Pedicurist, Color Specialist, Salon Manager, and Salon Owner as well as educational opportunities, for example: Cosmetology Instructor, Product Representative, Apprentice Trainer and Platform Artist. You may also choose to become involved in work for film, theatre, fashion or print.
- History of cosmetology and barbering Overview of curriculum
- Business and salon management, including developing clientele, professional image, professional ethics, professional associations, public relations and advertising
- Personal, client and salon safety including aseptic techniques and sanitary procedures, disinfection and sterilization methods and procedures.
- Health risks to the cosmetologist/barber
- Human immune system
- Bacteriology, sanitation and sterilization, and decontamination and infection control
- First aid and CPR
- Anatomy and physiology
- Science of cosmetology and barbering
- Analysis of the skin, hair and scalp
- Chemistry of cosmetology/barbering
- Legal issues including malpractice liability, regulatory agencies and tax laws
- Utah Cosmetology/Barber Exam review
- Teaching our students the business of cosmetology is important to us. We care that you learn how to be a successful hairdresser and earn the higher dollars.
- Our program allows you to see what it takes to make money at hairdressing. Your paycheck tracker shows you how much money you would be earning in a real-world salon. You will learn to increase your average service ticket as well as your retail percentage, and your customer service will be bar-none! That equals clients that keep coming back.
- All of these skills will help you get hired by the better salons and to make a great return on your tuition investment!
- They will explain the theory behind the skill.
- They will demonstrate the skill.
- The student will practice the skill on a mannequin.
- The student will practice the skills on a another student
- The student will practice the skill on a model.